The quality of your pieced top and backing will play a huge role in the quality of your finished quilt.
- Backing needs to be 4” larger than the quilt top on all sides. Just add 8” to the total width and length. It is not necessary to add more than this.
- Backing MUST be square. See below for additional charge.
- Ideally, your top will be square, too.
- Press all seams.
- Remove extra threads, pet hair, etc.
- If you have a preferred direction for your quilt, please mark the top edge of your quilt top & backing.
- Please check your quilt top very carefully for any incomplete or improperly pressed seams before shipping/delivering to me.
- Stay stitching around the perimeter ensures that your seams will stay intact.
- If your quilt has borders, please make sure that you have attached these using an appropriate technique. If you have not, your quilt will have waves that I may not be able to quilt out. You can find many resources online by searching for “attaching borders to a quilt”
You will be notified of these charges ahead of time with an option to have the quilt returned to you to do it yourself.
- Clip loose threads – $15
- Squaring backing – $10